Preschool teacher is responsible for creating an environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth of the participants in their assigned classes. She/he should serve as a team member in developing creative lesson plans and implementing them in their classrooms.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- High School diploma required with college experience in early childhood or related fields.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, environmental education, natural sciences, interpretation, or related field preferred.
- CPR Certified, or the willingness to obtain certification within the first six months of job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of age-appropriate activities and child development philosophies and practices.
- Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to young children.
- Knowledge of innovative lesson planning for children between ages of 2-6 years.
- Knowledge and experience with local flora, fauna, and natural history for teaching in nature preschool.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive to work, meetings, and trainings promptly.
- Display professionalism in punctuality, mannerisms, and attire.
- Develop, present, and evaluate appropriate lesson plans.
- Supervise all classroom and daily routine activities.
- Assist co-teacher in all daily preparation work and clean up of rooms.
- Complete site lesson plan prep work on a rotating basis.
- Attend and contribute to monthly lesson plan meetings.
- Submit supply requests and work orders to the Site Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with parents and other staff members.
- Establish a nurturing relationship with the children in addition to serving as a positive role model.
- Treat children in a positive manner that encourages individuality and positive self-esteem.
- Responsible for completing designated preschool housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for maintaining bulletin boards according to the bulletin board schedule.
- Complete other duties as mutually agreed upon by preschool teacher and the Site Supervisor/Lead Teacher – Early Childhood with a reasonable amount of notice.
- Inform site supervisor of any problems, conflicts or program concerns.
- Responsible for keeping class attendance, emergency, medical and registration forms on file for each child.
- Thoroughly complete accident reports
Enforces safety rules and improves employee and public knowledge of the same by confronting and correcting
- unsafe behavior and conditions.
- Treat public complaints and concerns with the utmost attention. Is courteous in all cases.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certification on a bi-yearly basis.
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
To communicate with children, parents, co-teacher, staff, and supervisor. To supervise children and communicate with parents.
To supervise children and move throughout the classroom and outdoors. To walk a flight of stairs.